Bagna cauda with summer vegetables
Nothing brings raw veg alive quite like this warm, oily, salty, garlicky dip.
100ml/3½oz olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
10 anchovy fillets, chopped
Juice 1 lemon
50g/2oz cold butter, diced
Selection of raw vegetables to serve – we've used baby fennel, young carrots, onions, radishes, baby leeks and beetroots
Heat the oil and garlic in a small pan over a low heat until the garlic is fragrant. Add the anchovies and stir until melted into the sauce. Add the lemon juice, remove from the heat. Allow to cook for a few minutes before transferring to a food processor.
Add the butter and crumbs then pulse to form a thick sauce. Pour into a warm bowl and serve immediately with a large spread of veg to dip in.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Cruise Ship Seasonal W...