Baked peaches with amaretto
This is one recipe that you could clip and keep in your scrapbook for next summer when you have a glut of peaches or nectarines that you need to put to good use. You will also find that this recipe works well with unripe fruit. Baking the fruit imparts a different flavour, rather like when you roast vegetables.
6 peaches or nectarines, halved and with the stones removed
80g butter, melted
100-150ml amaretto liqueur
120g amaretti biscuits that have been coarsely crushed
2tbsp clear honey
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Lay the peaches cut-side up on a baking tray.
Spoon over two-thirds of the butter and the amaretto.
Bake the peaches or nectarines in the oven for 15-20 minutes (you may need a little longer if the peaches aren't that ripe), covering them with foil if they are colouring a bit too rapidly.
Mix the remaining butter with the amaretti biscuits in a bowl.
Remove the peaches from the oven, spoon over the biscuit mixture and then carry on baking for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
To finish, transfer the peaches to serving plates, and then add the honey and a few tablespoons of water to the cooking tray and simmer for 30 seconds or so, stirring, until mixed.
Spoon the sauce around the peaches and then serve with custard, ice-cream or mascarpone.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...