Baked potato with smoked mackerel and horseradish
Serves about 10
Little baked new potatoes make delicious canapés and you can use your imagination and fill them with whatever you want – from caviar to smoked mackerel.
Try to buy the larger new potatoes so that you can get two canapés out of one potato.
10 large new potatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp chopped chives
1 smoked mackerel fillet, skinned
1tbsp or so of freshly grated horseradish
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Bake the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes, then remove them from the oven, cut them in half and leave them until they are cool enough to handle. Scoop out the potato and return the potato shells to the oven for 10 minutes to crisp up.
Meanwhile mash the potato with the butter and chives and a little of the horseradish and season.
Refill the potatoes, break a piece of the mackerel and lay on top and scatter with the horseradish.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...