Baked potato with smoked mackerel and horseradish
Serves about 10
Little baked new potatoes make delicious canapés and you can use your imagination and fill them with whatever you want – from caviar to smoked mackerel.
Try to buy the larger new potatoes so that you can get two canapés out of one potato.
10 large new potatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp chopped chives
1 smoked mackerel fillet, skinned
1tbsp or so of freshly grated horseradish
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Bake the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes, then remove them from the oven, cut them in half and leave them until they are cool enough to handle. Scoop out the potato and return the potato shells to the oven for 10 minutes to crisp up.
Meanwhile mash the potato with the butter and chives and a little of the horseradish and season.
Refill the potatoes, break a piece of the mackerel and lay on top and scatter with the horseradish.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...