Baked sweet potatoes with honey, chilli and rosemary
After too many roast potatoes at Christmas you may well be up for something a little different – sweet potatoes are just the thing. They are great with grilled and roast meat or fish. Vegetarians will probably be happy to tuck into them just as they are.
4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, washed and halved
2 small red or green chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
40ml olive oil
The leaves from a few sprigs of rosemary
1-2tbsp clear honey
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Score the sweet potatoes in a crisscross pattern with the point of a sharp knife.
Place on a baking tray, season and spoon over the olive oil and scatter over the chillies, if using. Then spoon a little honey on each potato, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil, add the rosemary and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or so until the potatoes are cooked.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...