Baked Victoria plums with ricotta and honey
When plums are ripe and falling from the tree, it's handy to have a few dessert ideas up your sleeve. A lovely creamy ricotta and some good-quality clear honey complements these nutty, crumble-topped plums perfectly.
8 large Victoria plums, halved, de-stoned
4 large tablespoons of good-quality ricotta
2-3tbsp clear honey
For the topping
½tbsp brown sugar
40g hard butter, chopped into small pieces
24-30 cobnuts or hazelnuts, shelled and roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. First make the topping: put the flour, oats, nuts, brown sugar and butter into a bowl and rub together with your fingers to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
Place the halved plums on a baking tray and spoon the crumble mixture evenly on top.
Place the plums in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the plums have softened and lightly coloured and the topping is golden.
Leave the plums to cool a little then transfer them to a serving plate or individual ones and spoon over the cooking juices.
Spoon the ricotta into the centre and drizzle over the honey.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...