Bananas with butterscotch sauce
Sunday 10 May 2009
This dish is rich, but the bananas give a fresh, slightly lemony taste, balancing out the intense sweetness of the sauce.
The butterscotch sauce is almost impossible to get wrong, as the quantities of each ingredient are of little importance.
100g/31/2oz muscovado sugar
100g/31/2oz unsalted butter
100ml/31/2fl oz double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Allow 11/2 bananas per person
Start by making the butterscotch. Place all the ingredients bar the bananas into a small saucepan and place over a low heat.
Stir to allow the ingredients to melt and combine, but do not let it boil too much.
Remove from the stove and allow to cool until tepid.
Now peel and slice the bananas in half lengthwise, arrange on a plate, then simply pour the warm sauce over the top.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Calum Chambers: Southampton's latest example of Generation X-factor
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...