Bananas with butterscotch sauce
Sunday 10 May 2009
This dish is rich, but the bananas give a fresh, slightly lemony taste, balancing out the intense sweetness of the sauce.
The butterscotch sauce is almost impossible to get wrong, as the quantities of each ingredient are of little importance.
100g/31/2oz muscovado sugar
100g/31/2oz unsalted butter
100ml/31/2fl oz double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Allow 11/2 bananas per person
Start by making the butterscotch. Place all the ingredients bar the bananas into a small saucepan and place over a low heat.
Stir to allow the ingredients to melt and combine, but do not let it boil too much.
Remove from the stove and allow to cool until tepid.
Now peel and slice the bananas in half lengthwise, arrange on a plate, then simply pour the warm sauce over the top.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Art Garfunkel: Paul Simon is a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...