Bananas with butterscotch sauce
Sunday 10 May 2009
This dish is rich, but the bananas give a fresh, slightly lemony taste, balancing out the intense sweetness of the sauce.
The butterscotch sauce is almost impossible to get wrong, as the quantities of each ingredient are of little importance.
100g/31/2oz muscovado sugar
100g/31/2oz unsalted butter
100ml/31/2fl oz double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Allow 11/2 bananas per person
Start by making the butterscotch. Place all the ingredients bar the bananas into a small saucepan and place over a low heat.
Stir to allow the ingredients to melt and combine, but do not let it boil too much.
Remove from the stove and allow to cool until tepid.
Now peel and slice the bananas in half lengthwise, arrange on a plate, then simply pour the warm sauce over the top.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus battery capacity will be weaker than predecessors, Apple leaks suggest
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Amazon Prime Video launches offline viewing, feature Netflix has said is 'never going to happen'
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...