Barbecue-style salmon belly with roast cherry vine tomatoes
The salmon belly often goes unused, but trimmed of bones, it cooks very well in a barbecue-type marinade – this is because it contains a lot of fat and it won't dry out. A decent fishmonger should be happy to sell them for a reasonable price. If you can't get salmon belly, though, just make some vertical cuts, about 1cm thick, down the salmon fillet.
250-300g salmon belly, trimmed of any bones
1tbsp clear honey
½tbsp tomato ketchup
½tbsp HP Sauce
½tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½tbsp soy sauce
½tsp ground cumin
½tsp celery salt
1tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 branches of cherry vine tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 200C gas mark 6.
Mix all of the ingredients together except the cherry tomatoes.
Spread the salmon pieces out on a baking tray lined with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, basting every so often with the marinade.
Next, place the cherry tomatoes with their stalks on the same tray and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes are just beginning to blister.
Then remove both the salmon and the tomatoes.
To serve, arrange the salmon pieces – brushed with a little leftover marinade – alongside the tomatoes, either on individual plates or one large serving dish.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...