Basic recipe for mayonnaise
Thursday 27 May 2010
No more than three ingredients are to be found in this recipe – that is if you discount the seasoning that is needed to bring the flavours together. Just two things to bear in mind: make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature, and pour in the oil as slowly as possible. If it does curdle, add a teaspoon of warm water and continue to whisk; this should bring it together again.
Mayonnaise is quick and easy to make in a food processor, and produces a better texture. Alternatively, make it by hand using a balloon whisk and a roomy bowl.
Makes 4 servings
The juice of half a lemon
3 egg yolks
A good pinch of sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
200ml/7fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...