Basic recipe for mayonnaise
Thursday 27 May 2010
No more than three ingredients are to be found in this recipe – that is if you discount the seasoning that is needed to bring the flavours together. Just two things to bear in mind: make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature, and pour in the oil as slowly as possible. If it does curdle, add a teaspoon of warm water and continue to whisk; this should bring it together again.
Mayonnaise is quick and easy to make in a food processor, and produces a better texture. Alternatively, make it by hand using a balloon whisk and a roomy bowl.
Makes 4 servings
The juice of half a lemon
3 egg yolks
A good pinch of sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
200ml/7fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...