Basic recipe for mayonnaise
Thursday 27 May 2010
No more than three ingredients are to be found in this recipe – that is if you discount the seasoning that is needed to bring the flavours together. Just two things to bear in mind: make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature, and pour in the oil as slowly as possible. If it does curdle, add a teaspoon of warm water and continue to whisk; this should bring it together again.
Mayonnaise is quick and easy to make in a food processor, and produces a better texture. Alternatively, make it by hand using a balloon whisk and a roomy bowl.
Makes 4 servings
The juice of half a lemon
3 egg yolks
A good pinch of sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
200ml/7fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...