Beef with white radish and pomegranate molasses
Saturday 02 May 2009
Eating raw beef is an essential part of many cuisines around the world – we've all heard about carpaccio and steak tartare, and the Japanese specialise in many dishes with either raw or seared beef such as tataki.
You need to use very fresh beef for this recipe, and you can use fillet or sirloin.
Pomegranate molasses is a thick sweet and sour syrup used in many middle Eastern recipes; you can buy it from Turkish or Middle Eastern shops and good delis.
400g raw fillet or sirloin, trimmed of fat and sinew
A 12cm-piece of mooli (white radish or daikon), peeled
2-3tbsp pomegranate molasses
With a sharp knife, cut the beef into thin slices (place it in the freezer half an hour before to ease slicing); arrange on serving plates. Cut the mooli into matchstick-sized pieces, wash and dry on kitchen paper. Spoon the pomegranate molasses over the beef and scatter over the mooli.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...