Berkswell and pickled walnuts
Saturday 04 December 2010
This is a dead easy snack to knock up and it can be made with any hard cheese such as cheddar or Lancashire. It's well on the way to being a modern-day version of the cheese and pineapple on sticks!
150-200g Berkswell or another hard cheese, such as cheddar
2-3 pickled walnuts, drained
Remove the rind from the cheese and cut into 1 –2 cm x 1cm deep chunks. Slice the pickled walnuts and lay a piece on top. You may need to halve and slice the walnuts if they are large.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...