Bill Granger recipe: Basic pizza dough
Makes 4 pizzas/8 mini pizzas
Sunday 06 April 2014
You'll need this basic dough for each of my pizza recipes. Recently I've started using spelt in the dough to give the base a delicious rustic quality.
275ml tepid water
7g dried instant yeast
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and brushing
1 tbsp honey
225g plain flour
150g spelt flour
1 tsp sea salt
Pour the water into a small bowl, sprinkle in the yeast, add the olive oil and honey and whisk with a fork until dissolved. Set aside.
Mix the flours and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture.
Bring together to form a soft dough, then turn out on to a dusted work surface and knead well for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly greased large bowl and brush the top with a little olive oil.
Cover with oiled cling film and leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...