Bill Granger recipe: Green-bean gremolata salad
Sunday 26 January 2014
Gremolata – the simple combination of lemon zest, parsley and garlic – is one of my favourite dressings. It's hard to think of a vegetable it doesn't complement and I also love to stir it into stews just before serving.
Large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Grated zest 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
400g green beans, trimmed
Put the parsley, lemon zest, garlic and oil in a large serving bowl and stir well to combine.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the beans. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just cooked but still with crunch.
Drain and toss into the dressing while still warm. Season with salt to taste and set aside. Serve at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 Prince Harry leaving the armed forced to pursue conservation projects in Africa
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...