Bill Granger recipe: Green-bean gremolata salad
Sunday 26 January 2014
Gremolata – the simple combination of lemon zest, parsley and garlic – is one of my favourite dressings. It's hard to think of a vegetable it doesn't complement and I also love to stir it into stews just before serving.
Large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Grated zest 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
400g green beans, trimmed
Put the parsley, lemon zest, garlic and oil in a large serving bowl and stir well to combine.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the beans. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just cooked but still with crunch.
Drain and toss into the dressing while still warm. Season with salt to taste and set aside. Serve at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...