Bill Granger recipe: Green-bean gremolata salad
Sunday 26 January 2014
Gremolata – the simple combination of lemon zest, parsley and garlic – is one of my favourite dressings. It's hard to think of a vegetable it doesn't complement and I also love to stir it into stews just before serving.
Large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Grated zest 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
400g green beans, trimmed
Put the parsley, lemon zest, garlic and oil in a large serving bowl and stir well to combine.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the beans. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just cooked but still with crunch.
Drain and toss into the dressing while still warm. Season with salt to taste and set aside. Serve at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...