Bill Granger recipe: Green-bean gremolata salad
Sunday 26 January 2014
Gremolata – the simple combination of lemon zest, parsley and garlic – is one of my favourite dressings. It's hard to think of a vegetable it doesn't complement and I also love to stir it into stews just before serving.
Large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Grated zest 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
400g green beans, trimmed
Put the parsley, lemon zest, garlic and oil in a large serving bowl and stir well to combine.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the beans. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just cooked but still with crunch.
Drain and toss into the dressing while still warm. Season with salt to taste and set aside. Serve at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at Sting, Triple H and Daniel Bryan in next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
What are your fingerprint words?
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...