Bill Granger recipe: Korean sticky barbecue marinade
Makes enough for 1kg ribs or meat for 4 people
Sunday 13 July 2014
I love using this marinade on pork or beef short ribs, chicken wings or simply thinly sliced beef, as shown above, ready to be skewered.
The kiwi in the marinade tenderises the meat beautifully and, once on the grill, the sauce caramelises into smoky, sticky deliciousness.
100ml soy sauce
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 ripe kiwi, peeled and grated
4 cloves garlic, sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. To use, place your meat in a large container and toss through the marinade.
Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight, turning the meat a couple of times.
Before cooking, lift out the meat and brush off any excess. Slow-cook the ribs in a roasting tin covered with foil for 1½ hours at 160C, before uncovering and caramelising under the grill or on a barbecue.
For skewers or thin steaks, barbecue, oven-grill or flash-fry in a pan over a high heat.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...