Bill Granger recipe: Linguine with mussels in tomato sauce
Sunday 19 January 2014
This is so enticing and works just as well with clams, prawns or really good-quality tinned tuna in olive oil.
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
375g linguine pasta
500g mussels, beards removed and washed
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions over a medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and chilli and stir for 1 minute. Pour in the tomatoes, season with sea salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Cook the linguine in a pan of salted boiling water, according to packet instructions.
When there are 3 minutes of the cooking time remaining, take a ladleful of the pasta's cooking water and add to the tomato sauce.
Bring the sauce to the boil, add the mussels and cook, stirring, until the mussels have opened.
Drain the linguine and toss into the sauce, over the heat, until the pasta is well coated. Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...