Bill Granger recipe: Pizza bianca with mozzarella, anchovies and rocket
Makes 8 mini pizzas/serves 4
Sunday 06 April 2014
I love pizzas with raw, fresh, zingy toppings – they feel lighter and healthier somehow.
1 red onion, thinly sliced with a mandolin
Plain flour, for dusting
1 basic pizza dough
Olive oil, to drizzle
2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella
16 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and torn
1 red chilli, sliced into rounds
1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
Handful rocket leaves
Zest 1 lemon
Soak the onions in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Preheat the oven to 250C/ 500F/Gas10 and line two large oven trays with parchment paper.
Dust the work surface lightly with flour. Turn out the pizza dough and knead for 1 minute to knock back, then divide into 8 pieces. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
Flatten the pieces of dough into thin ovals with the palm of your hand. Transfer to the trays. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Drain the onions and dry with paper. Top each pizza with a quarter each of the mozzarella, anchovy, onions, chilli, fennel seeds, rocket and lemon. Serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...