Bill Granger recipe: Pizza bianca with mozzarella, anchovies and rocket
Makes 8 mini pizzas/serves 4
Sunday 06 April 2014
I love pizzas with raw, fresh, zingy toppings – they feel lighter and healthier somehow.
1 red onion, thinly sliced with a mandolin
Plain flour, for dusting
1 basic pizza dough
Olive oil, to drizzle
2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella
16 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and torn
1 red chilli, sliced into rounds
1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
Handful rocket leaves
Zest 1 lemon
Soak the onions in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Preheat the oven to 250C/ 500F/Gas10 and line two large oven trays with parchment paper.
Dust the work surface lightly with flour. Turn out the pizza dough and knead for 1 minute to knock back, then divide into 8 pieces. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
Flatten the pieces of dough into thin ovals with the palm of your hand. Transfer to the trays. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Drain the onions and dry with paper. Top each pizza with a quarter each of the mozzarella, anchovy, onions, chilli, fennel seeds, rocket and lemon. Serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...