Bill Granger recipe: Rouille
Sunday 04 May 2014
Being a chilli junkie, I've given this rouille quite a kick with chilli and plenty of garlic.
30g day-old bread, torn
3 tbsp fish stock (I use the strained bouillabaisse broth)
75g bought roasted peppers
Pinch saffron strands
1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 egg yolk
225ml olive oil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
Soak the bread in a bowl with the fish stock for 5 minutes, until softened. Tip into the bowl of a food processor and add the peppers, saffron, chilli and garlic. Blend until smooth.
Add the egg yolk and, with the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil to make a thick rouille. Stir in the cayenne pepper and salt. Tip into a bowl, cover and keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...