Bill Granger recipe: Rouille
Sunday 04 May 2014
Being a chilli junkie, I've given this rouille quite a kick with chilli and plenty of garlic.
30g day-old bread, torn
3 tbsp fish stock (I use the strained bouillabaisse broth)
75g bought roasted peppers
Pinch saffron strands
1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 egg yolk
225ml olive oil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
Soak the bread in a bowl with the fish stock for 5 minutes, until softened. Tip into the bowl of a food processor and add the peppers, saffron, chilli and garlic. Blend until smooth.
Add the egg yolk and, with the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil to make a thick rouille. Stir in the cayenne pepper and salt. Tip into a bowl, cover and keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...