Bill Granger recipe: Salted-caramel milkshake
Sunday 16 March 2014
I'm not sure I came up with this recipe with the kids in mind at all, if I'm being honest… I'm definitely on Team Nigella when it comes to a weakness for salted caramel!
5 tbsp bought thick caramel sauce
6 scoops vanilla ice-cream, slightly softened
Add a good pinch of salt to the caramel sauce and stir well. Put the ice cream and 3 tbsp of the salted caramel in a blender.
Whizz until well combined then add the milk. Pulse to combine, adding a little extra milk if the mixture is still too thick.
Spread the remaining caramel sauce on the inside of four tall glasses. Pour in the milkshake and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...