Bill Granger recipe: Spiced yoghurt and mint
Makes enough marinade for lamb or chicken for 4 people
Sunday 13 July 2014
If you ever wondered how Indian restaurants make their chicken and lamb so tender, a yoghurt marinade is the answer. I've used this on lamb steaks and chops, chicken legs, breast and wings. The result is always meltingly soft.
Juice ½ lemon
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful mint leaves, torn
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Place some chicken or lamb in a large container and toss though the marinade.
Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight.
Before cooking, lift out the meat, brush off any excess yoghurt and season with salt before barbecuing or grilling in the oven.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...