Bill Granger recipe: Spiced yoghurt and mint
Makes enough marinade for lamb or chicken for 4 people
Sunday 13 July 2014
If you ever wondered how Indian restaurants make their chicken and lamb so tender, a yoghurt marinade is the answer. I've used this on lamb steaks and chops, chicken legs, breast and wings. The result is always meltingly soft.
Juice ½ lemon
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful mint leaves, torn
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Place some chicken or lamb in a large container and toss though the marinade.
Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight.
Before cooking, lift out the meat, brush off any excess yoghurt and season with salt before barbecuing or grilling in the oven.
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...