Bill Granger recipe: Thai mussel soup
Sunday 19 January 2014
One of those light meals that manages to be both satisfying and cleansing.
250ml coconut milk
500g fish or chicken stock
3cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced
2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
4 kaffir lime leaves or 3 strips lime peel
Handful green beans, trimmed
500g mussels, beards removed and washed
1 head bok choi, leaves separated
Juice 1 lime
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp caster sugar
Handful coriander leaves
Put the coconut milk, stock, 750ml water, ginger, lemongrass and lime leaves in a large wok or saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Increase the heat and add the green beans and, after 30 seconds, the mussels and bok choi.
Cook for 3 minutes, or until the mussels open. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and coriander and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Vogue's 'Big Booty' stars
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...