Bitter chocolate granola crunch
Makes about 20-30
Though I've been making more elaborate dishes, it's still great to make some chocolate-based snacks, too. These are very easy to make and equally easy to munch on.
You may well want to double up the recipe as they are pretty moreish. And keep them away from the kids.
200g good-quality granola
1250g good-quality 70 per cent dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Put the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring every so often until the chocolate has melted.
Remove the bowl from the pan, leave to cool for a few minutes, then stir in the granola and again leave to cool for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, line a tray with clingfilm or greaseproof paper. Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the tray a few centimetres apart, then leave to set in a cool place or in the fridge. Store in an airtight container until required.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best juicers
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
The 10 Best food processors
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...