Black pudding baked potato
Try to buy the soft Spanish- or French-style black pudding for this dish as it's easy to mould it on top of the potato. If you can't get hold of it, then soften normal, good-quality black pudding with a little hot water or stock.
2 large baking potatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200-250g French- or Spanish-style soft black pudding
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wash the potatoes, place on a baking tray and bake them for about 1-1½ hours, or until soft. Leave them to cool a little, then cut off about a quarter of the top of each potato and scoop the flesh out into a bowl.
Mash as chunky or as smooth as you wish, then mix with the butter and season to taste. Return the potato skins to the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp them up.
Return the potato to the skins and spoon on the black pudding, mounding it up and moulding it with a spoon. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes to heat through the black pudding; serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
iJobs Food & Drink
£21K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Front of House Receptionist to provide th...
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...