Blackberries with Kingston Black zabaglione
Saturday 20 September 2008
Blackberries and apples are perfect partners at this time of the year and to put a twist on an old Italian classic, I thought I would replace the traditional marsala with a British tipple. Kingston Black is a delicious apple apéritif made with Kingston Black apples by Julian Temperley in Somerset (www.ciderbrandy.co.uk).
450-500g ripe blackberries
For the zabaglione
4 medium egg yolks
5tbsp caster sugar
A third of a vanilla pod, split and the seeds scraped out
120ml Kingston Black apple apéritif
To make the zabaglione, put the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla seeds in a round-bottomed steel or Pyrex bowl (not aluminium, or it may go grey). Beat well with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, then beat in the Kingston Black. Hold the bowl with a cloth and fit it over a pan containing 3-4cm of simmering water. Whisk continuously for a few minutes until the mixture is thick and frothy. Put the blackberries in bowls or plates and pour over the warm zabaglione.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 review: not an overhaul, but the iPhone is gradually growing up
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...