Sunday 30 August 2009
The zest and juice of one orange
120g/4oz plain flour
2 tbsp muscovado sugar
120/4oz unsalted butter, cold
Heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
Put the blackberries, orange zest and juice into a bowl and toss together gently using your fingers. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and add the sugar; stir together to combine.
Cut the butter into little cubes, add to the flour-sugar mixture and crumble between your finger until you have the texture of sand. If you have a few lumps, all the better.
Sprinkle the mix over the blackberries and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the berries are bursting around the sides and the top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...