Makes about 1 litre
Saturday 23 August 2008
Blackcurrants have fairly limited uses in puddings because of their tartness, but they do make a great sorbet. You can use blackberries if you prefer, or a mixture of dark berries. I've left this sorbet quite chunky, but it's up to you when blending how much texture you want it to have.
100g glucose syrup
Put the water and sugar into a pan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the glucose and blackcurrants and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring every so often until the blackcurrants soften.
Remove from the heat and blend two thirds in a liquidiser to a smooth purée, then blend the other third briefly and coarsely and mix the two batches together. Leave to cool then churn in an ice-cream machine and store in the freezer.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...