This is a bit of a take on our house cocktail, the Hix Fix, which uses Julian Temperley's apple eau de vie mixed with Nyetimber sparkling wine from Kent.
If you can get your hands on Julian's morello cherry eau de vie then great, otherwise you could use crème de mure or cassis.
20 or so blueberries
500ml or more of cold Nyetimber
Put the blueberries in a jar with the crème de cassis and store for a week in the fridge or other cool place. (In fact it's well worth making a good batch of this to use through the winter.)
To serve, spoon some blueberries and liquid into 4 champagne coupes or similar and top up with the chilled Nyetimber sparkling wine.
Life & Style blogs
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get the iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to Arsenal and England striker
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...