This is a bit of a take on our house cocktail, the Hix Fix, which uses Julian Temperley's apple eau de vie mixed with Nyetimber sparkling wine from Kent.
If you can get your hands on Julian's morello cherry eau de vie then great, otherwise you could use crème de mure or cassis.
20 or so blueberries
500ml or more of cold Nyetimber
Put the blueberries in a jar with the crème de cassis and store for a week in the fridge or other cool place. (In fact it's well worth making a good batch of this to use through the winter.)
To serve, spoon some blueberries and liquid into 4 champagne coupes or similar and top up with the chilled Nyetimber sparkling wine.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
Masturbation: the health benefits
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Art Garfunkel: Paul Simon is a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...