This is a bit of a take on our house cocktail, the Hix Fix, which uses Julian Temperley's apple eau de vie mixed with Nyetimber sparkling wine from Kent.
If you can get your hands on Julian's morello cherry eau de vie then great, otherwise you could use crème de mure or cassis.
20 or so blueberries
500ml or more of cold Nyetimber
Put the blueberries in a jar with the crème de cassis and store for a week in the fridge or other cool place. (In fact it's well worth making a good batch of this to use through the winter.)
To serve, spoon some blueberries and liquid into 4 champagne coupes or similar and top up with the chilled Nyetimber sparkling wine.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...