Broad bean and pecorino salad
This is a lovely salad to serve as a starter. If you grow your own broad beans then snip off a few of the shoots or pea shoots and throw them into the salad. You can use any hard cheese; even mature cheddar.
200-250g podded weight of young broad beans
A handful of broad beans or pea shoots
The juice of -1 lemon
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-150g aged pecorino cheese
Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, depending on the size, until tender; then drain and leave to cool a little.
Remove the outer shell from any large ones. Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil; season.
Toss the broad bean shoots and beans in a bowl and season. Then shave the cheese into shards and arrange on top and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The 10 Best new smartphones
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Uncooked curry leaves caused mass outbreak of salmonella in Newcastle, say health officials
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...