Broad bean and pecorino salad
This is a lovely salad to serve as a starter. If you grow your own broad beans then snip off a few of the shoots or pea shoots and throw them into the salad. You can use any hard cheese; even mature cheddar.
200-250g podded weight of young broad beans
A handful of broad beans or pea shoots
The juice of -1 lemon
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-150g aged pecorino cheese
Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, depending on the size, until tender; then drain and leave to cool a little.
Remove the outer shell from any large ones. Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil; season.
Toss the broad bean shoots and beans in a bowl and season. Then shave the cheese into shards and arrange on top and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...