Broad bean and pecorino salad
This is a lovely salad to serve as a starter. If you grow your own broad beans then snip off a few of the shoots or pea shoots and throw them into the salad. You can use any hard cheese; even mature cheddar.
200-250g podded weight of young broad beans
A handful of broad beans or pea shoots
The juice of -1 lemon
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-150g aged pecorino cheese
Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, depending on the size, until tender; then drain and leave to cool a little.
Remove the outer shell from any large ones. Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil; season.
Toss the broad bean shoots and beans in a bowl and season. Then shave the cheese into shards and arrange on top and serve.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
- 4 Miami defendant sobs in court as he realises he and the judge attended the same school
- 5 Chinese stock market has lost £1.5 trillion in the last three weeks
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...