Brunch salad with hog's pudding, bacon and a poached egg
Hog's pudding is a delicious white pudding found in Devon and Cornwall made with pork, oatmeal, suet and barley.
120-150g streaky bacon in 1 -2cm cubes
120-150g hog's pudding, cut into cm-thick slices
Vegetable or corn oil for frying
Salad leaves like frisée or watercress
4 hen's or duck's eggs
For the dressing
1tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
tbsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Put the bacon in a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes; drain. Whisk the ingredients together for the dressing; season. Heat some of the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes until crisp; drain on kitchen paper.
Fry the hog's pudding in the same pan for a minute on each side; keep warm with the bacon. Poach the eggs.
Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and arrange on plates or bowls with the bacon and hog's pudding and place the egg in the centre.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...