Brunch salad with hog's pudding, bacon and a poached egg
Hog's pudding is a delicious white pudding found in Devon and Cornwall made with pork, oatmeal, suet and barley.
120-150g streaky bacon in 1 -2cm cubes
120-150g hog's pudding, cut into cm-thick slices
Vegetable or corn oil for frying
Salad leaves like frisée or watercress
4 hen's or duck's eggs
For the dressing
1tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
tbsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Put the bacon in a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes; drain. Whisk the ingredients together for the dressing; season. Heat some of the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes until crisp; drain on kitchen paper.
Fry the hog's pudding in the same pan for a minute on each side; keep warm with the bacon. Poach the eggs.
Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and arrange on plates or bowls with the bacon and hog's pudding and place the egg in the centre.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...