Saturday 06 December 2008
For the dressing
1 litre good-quality mayonnaise
10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
25-30 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
The juice of two lemons
About 100ml olive oil, mixed with 100ml vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, halved
10 x 1-2cm thick slices of white bread, crust removed and cut into rough 1-2cm cubes
Salt and pepper
100-120g freshly grated Parmesan
4-5 large, firm, crisp cos or romaine lettuces, washed and dried
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing; dilute with a little water to make it a thick pouring consistency. To make the croutons: heat the oils with the halved garlic cloves. Fry the bread cubes until they are golden, then drain them on kitchen paper. Season, and sprinkle with a little of the Parmesan while they are still warm. Tear the lettuce into pieces and put in a bowl. Toss it with the dressing and the rest of the Parmesan. Scatter croutons on top and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...