Canapés with blueberries and mascarpone
I always keep some of these pastry canapé cups in my larder for inspiration and emergency snacks. You can buy them from Waitrose and plenty of other good food shops or delis.
The filling can be sweet or savoury; up to you. This option is dead simple – all it takes is a little softened mascarpone or cream cheese with a couple of blueberries on top.
20 canapé cups
Approx 150g blueberries
½tbsp caster sugar
50-60g mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
Put about a quarter of the blueberries into a small pan with the sugar and half a tablespoon of water. Gently heat them and simmer very gently for a minute or so then remove from the heat and push the blueberries and liquid through a fine strainer with the back of a spoon. Leave to cool.
To serve, place the mascarpone into the canapé cups, arrange the blueberries on top and spoon the syrup over.
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...