Carrot purée with yoghurt (Havuç ezmezi)
Serves 4-6 as a mezze
Saturday 06 May 2006
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1tsp caraway seeds
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the sauce
4tbsp thick yoghurt
1tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1tbsp fresh mint and dill chopped
Steam or boil the carrots in salted water until soft then drain. In a small bowl make the sauce by mixing the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, mint and dill. Purée the carrots, caraway, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor to a smooth or coarse consistency, and season.
Spoon the carrot mixture on to a serving dish and form a well in the centre. Spoon the yoghurt mixture in the middle and serve with warm Turkish bread or flat bread.
Life & Style blogs
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
You can now get verified on Tinder
- 1 Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
- 2 Lisa Randolph-Gant: Queen Elsa cake maker says she will carry on baking and will not let people 'break her spirit'
- 3 Tube strike: This pedestrian-friendly map tells you the time it takes to walk between stations
- 4 Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2015: Three men gored and 10 hospitalised on first day of festival
- 5 Sarah Jessica Parker explains why she is not a feminist: 'It's not just about women now'
iJobs Food & Drink
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...