Carrot purée with yoghurt (Havuç ezmezi)
Serves 4-6 as a mezze
Saturday 06 May 2006
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1tsp caraway seeds
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the sauce
4tbsp thick yoghurt
1tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1tbsp fresh mint and dill chopped
Steam or boil the carrots in salted water until soft then drain. In a small bowl make the sauce by mixing the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, mint and dill. Purée the carrots, caraway, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor to a smooth or coarse consistency, and season.
Spoon the carrot mixture on to a serving dish and form a well in the centre. Spoon the yoghurt mixture in the middle and serve with warm Turkish bread or flat bread.
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...