Carrot purée with yoghurt (Havuç ezmezi)
Serves 4-6 as a mezze
Saturday 06 May 2006
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1tsp caraway seeds
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the sauce
4tbsp thick yoghurt
1tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1tbsp fresh mint and dill chopped
Steam or boil the carrots in salted water until soft then drain. In a small bowl make the sauce by mixing the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, mint and dill. Purée the carrots, caraway, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor to a smooth or coarse consistency, and season.
Spoon the carrot mixture on to a serving dish and form a well in the centre. Spoon the yoghurt mixture in the middle and serve with warm Turkish bread or flat bread.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 BBC’s new Game of Thrones slayer 'The Last Kingdom' relies on Saxon appeal, creators say
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...