Cauliflower, puntarelle, hazelnut and raisin salad
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 small head of puntarelle, outside leaves removed to reveal the heart
40g raisins soaked in water overnight
40 hazelnuts, lightly toasted
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp white balsamic
3-4tbsp olive oil
Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 3-4 minutes so that it's still crunchy; drain. Slice the puntarelle heart thinly with a knife or on a mandolin. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces; toss in a bowl with the puntarelle, raisins, hazelnuts, balsamic and olive oil; season. Leave for 30 minutes then give a final stir and serve.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...