Cauliflower with Dijon mustard and sourdough breadcrumbs
Sunday 05 September 2010
This is a quick, simple and delicious way to serve cauliflower, similar in many ways to cauliflower cheese, but lighter. Pair with roast chicken or any other white meat. Sourdough has a lovely flavour; make the breadcrumbs by pulsing broken-up slices in a food processor.
1 head of cauliflower
20g/1oz unsalted butter
200ml/7fl oz double cream
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
5 sprigs of thyme
25g/1oz freshly toasted breadcrumbs
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the cauliflower into generous-sized florets; try to keep the stem on, as it has a wonderful, slightly firmer texture.
Boil a large pot of well-salted water, add the cauliflower and cook for three to four minutes – it should be just tender when pierced. Drain and set aside.
While the cauliflower is cooking, put the butter, cream, mustard and thyme into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Once the cream is boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for two to three minutes.
Season generously with pepper and add a pinch of salt.
Put the cauliflower in a serving dish and pour over the cream. Sprinkle over the crumbs and Parmesan and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...