Saturday 06 November 2010
This is one of those classic French salads that feels like it's a distant cousin of coleslaw. It's so popular in France that you can even buy the celeriac pre-shredded, but why bother when the fresh stuff is available? Celeriac remoulade is the perfect accompaniment to charcuterie, cold meats and even smoked fish.
1 small head of celeriac, peeled
5-6tbsp homemade or good-quality mayonnaise
1tbsp Dijon mustard
1-2tbsp chopped parsley
With a very sharp knife or a mandolin, cut slices of celeriac about 2cm thick, then cut those slices into 2cm shreds. Mix the mustard, mayonnaise and parsley together, then mix with the celeriac and season to taste.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...