Saturday 06 November 2010
This is one of those classic French salads that feels like it's a distant cousin of coleslaw. It's so popular in France that you can even buy the celeriac pre-shredded, but why bother when the fresh stuff is available? Celeriac remoulade is the perfect accompaniment to charcuterie, cold meats and even smoked fish.
1 small head of celeriac, peeled
5-6tbsp homemade or good-quality mayonnaise
1tbsp Dijon mustard
1-2tbsp chopped parsley
With a very sharp knife or a mandolin, cut slices of celeriac about 2cm thick, then cut those slices into 2cm shreds. Mix the mustard, mayonnaise and parsley together, then mix with the celeriac and season to taste.
Life & Style blogs
The Art of Swimming: The way many people swim might be doing them more harm than good, says a man bringing posture to the pool
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...