Celeriac remoulade with speck
Sunday 08 February 2009
200ml/7fl oz crème fraîche
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium celeriac
12 slices of speck, very finely sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Start by making the remoulade dressing. Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste; it should be creamy with a soft undertone of warmth from the mustard.
Now top and tail the celeriac and slice away the skin. Cut it in half, lay each half flat-side down and slice very finely into matchsticks.
Place the slices in a bowl. Spoon over the dressing and mix. Add a little more seasoning if necessary.
To serve, divide the remoulade between four plates. Place three slices of speck on top and sprinkle over the parsley.
Life & Style blogs
Church of England-raised Michael Williams describes the unexpected joys in learning about his family's Jewish faith
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Health warning over 88,000 foreign doctors working in the NHS
Childhood bullying 'can lead to depression and unemployment in adulthood'
Baby catches deadly meningitis infection from cat
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 3 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...