Celeriac remoulade with speck
Sunday 08 February 2009
200ml/7fl oz crème fraîche
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium celeriac
12 slices of speck, very finely sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Start by making the remoulade dressing. Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste; it should be creamy with a soft undertone of warmth from the mustard.
Now top and tail the celeriac and slice away the skin. Cut it in half, lay each half flat-side down and slice very finely into matchsticks.
Place the slices in a bowl. Spoon over the dressing and mix. Add a little more seasoning if necessary.
To serve, divide the remoulade between four plates. Place three slices of speck on top and sprinkle over the parsley.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...