Celeriac remoulade with speck
Sunday 08 February 2009
200ml/7fl oz crème fraîche
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium celeriac
12 slices of speck, very finely sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Start by making the remoulade dressing. Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste; it should be creamy with a soft undertone of warmth from the mustard.
Now top and tail the celeriac and slice away the skin. Cut it in half, lay each half flat-side down and slice very finely into matchsticks.
Place the slices in a bowl. Spoon over the dressing and mix. Add a little more seasoning if necessary.
To serve, divide the remoulade between four plates. Place three slices of speck on top and sprinkle over the parsley.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...