Cheese recipes - Sea Bass with Red Leicester and Hot Aubergine Salsa
Monday 27 September 2010
Succulent fish fillets topped with melting Red Leicester cheese taste superb - especially when served with a delicious aubergine and tomato salsa.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small aubergine, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small courgette, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato puree
A few drops of lemon juice
4 x 200g (7oz) fillets of Sea Bass, Cod or Haddock
100g (4oz) Red Leicester cheese, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mixed leaf salad or vegetables, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the garlic, aubergine, onion and courgette. Cook gently over a medium-low heat until very soft, for about 5 - 6 minutes.
2. Stir the chopped tomatoes and sun-dried tomato puree into the aubergine mixture. Add the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over a low heat.
3. Preheat the grill. Arrange the fish fillets on the grill rack and sprinkle with a little more lemon juice. Cook for about 6 - 8 minutes, turning once. To check that the fish is cooked, test with a fork - the flesh should be opaque and should flake easily.
4. Top the fish with the slices of Red Leicester cheese and grill for a few more moments, until the cheese starts to melt. Serve the fish with the hot aubergine salsa, along with salad or vegetables.
Cook's tip: Use your favourite fish for this recipe - the salsa also works well with haddock, halibut, huss or skate.
Life & Style blogs
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors: 'I think as far as coloured actors go it gets really difficult in the UK'
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...