Cheesy cauliflower mash
You often see cheap cauliflowers in markets and this is just the kind of thing you should do with such a bargain: extreme comfort food for grown-ups and kids.
1 large cauliflower, cut into even sized-pieces, leaves and all, washed
100ml double cream
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
150g finely grated cheddar
A couple of good knobs of butter
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
2tbsp chopped parsley
Cook the cauliflower in boiling, salted water for about 8-10 minutes until tender; drain. Blend until smooth in a food processor then transfer to a pan, add the cream, two-thirds of the cheese and season to taste.
Brown the breadcrumbs under a medium grill and briefly leave to cool, then mix with the parsley and the rest of the cheddar.
To serve, reheat the cauliflower, transfer to a warmed serving dish and scatter over the crumb mixture.
Life & Style blogs
Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone ‘effective power’ bug: how to be safe from iOS flaw that lets people crash iPhone with text
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Natalie Portman tells Harvard graduates: 'Accept your lack of knowledge'
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...