Cheesy cauliflower mash
You often see cheap cauliflowers in markets and this is just the kind of thing you should do with such a bargain: extreme comfort food for grown-ups and kids.
1 large cauliflower, cut into even sized-pieces, leaves and all, washed
100ml double cream
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
150g finely grated cheddar
A couple of good knobs of butter
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
2tbsp chopped parsley
Cook the cauliflower in boiling, salted water for about 8-10 minutes until tender; drain. Blend until smooth in a food processor then transfer to a pan, add the cream, two-thirds of the cheese and season to taste.
Brown the breadcrumbs under a medium grill and briefly leave to cool, then mix with the parsley and the rest of the cheddar.
To serve, reheat the cauliflower, transfer to a warmed serving dish and scatter over the crumb mixture.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...