Cheesy cauliflower mash
You often see cheap cauliflowers in markets and this is just the kind of thing you should do with such a bargain: extreme comfort food for grown-ups and kids.
1 large cauliflower, cut into even sized-pieces, leaves and all, washed
100ml double cream
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
150g finely grated cheddar
A couple of good knobs of butter
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
2tbsp chopped parsley
Cook the cauliflower in boiling, salted water for about 8-10 minutes until tender; drain. Blend until smooth in a food processor then transfer to a pan, add the cream, two-thirds of the cheese and season to taste.
Brown the breadcrumbs under a medium grill and briefly leave to cool, then mix with the parsley and the rest of the cheddar.
To serve, reheat the cauliflower, transfer to a warmed serving dish and scatter over the crumb mixture.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...