Cherry soup with vanilla ice-cream
There's nothing wrong with a delicious chilled cherry soup – served with ice-cream, it makes a really refreshing end to a meal.
500g cherries, stoned
150g granulated sugar
4 balls of good-quality vanilla ice-cream or a sorbet or ice-cream of your choice
Bring the water to the boil; stir in the sugar until dissolved, remove from the heat and leave to cool. Reserve about 15-20 cherries (leave them whole if small or halve them if large) and put to one side.
Blend the rest in a liquidiser until smooth and add enough of the sugar syrup to sweeten, then chill in the fridge or even give it a blast in the freezer if you are in a hurry.
Once it's ice cold pour into soup plates, scatter the cherries in and place a ball of ice-cream in the centre.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...