Cherry soup with vanilla ice-cream
There's nothing wrong with a delicious chilled cherry soup – served with ice-cream, it makes a really refreshing end to a meal.
500g cherries, stoned
150g granulated sugar
4 balls of good-quality vanilla ice-cream or a sorbet or ice-cream of your choice
Bring the water to the boil; stir in the sugar until dissolved, remove from the heat and leave to cool. Reserve about 15-20 cherries (leave them whole if small or halve them if large) and put to one side.
Blend the rest in a liquidiser until smooth and add enough of the sugar syrup to sweeten, then chill in the fridge or even give it a blast in the freezer if you are in a hurry.
Once it's ice cold pour into soup plates, scatter the cherries in and place a ball of ice-cream in the centre.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...