Saturday 25 June 2011
This is a really simple tart to knock up for a dinner party and you can get all of the elements ready well beforehand and just assemble it and make the topping sauce just before you serve it.
250-300g cherries, stoned
40g flaked almonds
200g butter puff pastry, rolled to one-third of a centimetre thick
For the topping
2 egg yolks
60g caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
Cut the puff pastry into 5-6cm x 10cm rectangles, docking them with a fork to prevent the pastry rising too much, and place on a baking tray. Bake the pastry for 10 minutes until lightly coloured and remove from the oven.
Blend one-third of the cherries in a food processor to a coarse purée with the almonds and spread on to the pastry. Arrange the rest of the cherries on top.
Put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk until it trebles in volume and is thick and fluffy.
Return the tarts to the oven for 5 minutes to warm through, then transfer to serving plates and spoon the sauce over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Chief Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has contracted the deadly disease himself
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...