Chicken and egg
This is a meaty version of my boiled egg with asparagus soldier dish. I've used the under-fillets off the breast for this and just cut them in half lengthways.
You can serve this simple dish with some mayonnaise mixed with some chopped green herbs if you wish.
2 chicken fillets, halved lengthways
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Flour for dusting
1 egg, beaten
30g fresh white breadcrumbs
Vegetable or corn oil for deep frying
2 duck's eggs
Preheat about 8cm of oil to 160-180C in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan or electric deep-fat fryer. Season the chicken pieces and dust with flour. Pass them through the egg, then the breadcrumbs and re-shape them by rolling them in your hands.
Soft-boil the duck's eggs for 4-5 minutes, and while they are cooking deep-fry the chicken for a couple of minutes until golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on some kitchen paper. To serve, cut the tops off the eggs and serve in an egg cup on a plate with the chicken pieces and a spoonful of the herb mayonnaise, if using.
Life & Style blogs
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get the iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...