Chicken and egg
This is a meaty version of my boiled egg with asparagus soldier dish. I've used the under-fillets off the breast for this and just cut them in half lengthways.
You can serve this simple dish with some mayonnaise mixed with some chopped green herbs if you wish.
2 chicken fillets, halved lengthways
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Flour for dusting
1 egg, beaten
30g fresh white breadcrumbs
Vegetable or corn oil for deep frying
2 duck's eggs
Preheat about 8cm of oil to 160-180C in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan or electric deep-fat fryer. Season the chicken pieces and dust with flour. Pass them through the egg, then the breadcrumbs and re-shape them by rolling them in your hands.
Soft-boil the duck's eggs for 4-5 minutes, and while they are cooking deep-fry the chicken for a couple of minutes until golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on some kitchen paper. To serve, cut the tops off the eggs and serve in an egg cup on a plate with the chicken pieces and a spoonful of the herb mayonnaise, if using.
Life & Style blogs
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: beautiful screen and slim body mean Android finally has an iPad rival
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
Self-parking Volvo ploughs into journalists after owner neglects to pay for extra feature that stops cars crashing into people
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...