Chinese-style omelette with prawns
Sunday 07 April 2013
The trick with these omelettes is to get the oil really hot, so that the eggs sizzle when they hit the pan.
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp Chinese rice wine
1 tsp light soy sauce
4 spring onions, shredded
2 tbsp light-flavoured oil
150g/5oz cooked, shelled prawns
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
Few mint leaves
Whisk together the eggs, garlic, ginger, rice wine and soy. Add half the spring onion and set aside. Heat ½ tbsp oil in a small frying pan over a high heat. Add a thin layer of egg mixture and cook, pushing the uncooked egg mixture to the sides.
When the omelette is almost set, add some of the prawns, carrots, beansprouts, chilli, mint and remaining spring onions down one half of the omelette. Carefully fold over the other side of the omelette to enclose the filling.
Slide the omelette from the pan and on to a serving plate, then repeat the process with the remaining mixture, to make a total of 4 omelettes. Serve immediately with oyster sauce.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...