Chocolate and chestnut truffles
Makes about 30-35 truffles
Sunday 30 November 2003
1 x 250g/9oz tin French crème de marrons
135g/41/2oz dark chocolate (85 per cent cocoa solids)
2 tablespoons Cognac or Armagnac
30-35 coffee beans (optional)
Good-quality cocoa powder
In a small, heavy-bottomed pan, gently heat the crème de marrons. When heated through, break chocolate into pieces and add to the pan bit by bit, stirring thoroughly to melt, until all the chocolate is incorporated. The mixture should be dark and glossy. Do not to let it scorch. Add the Cognac or Armagnac and stir. Chill.
When cool, roll a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball. (For a bitter-sweet flavour, place a coffee bean in the centre before rolling.) Repeat for remaining mixture. Sprinkle cocoa powder into a shallow bowl; roll each truffle in the cocoa powder to finish.
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...