Chocolate and chestnut truffles
Makes about 30-35 truffles
Sunday 30 November 2003
1 x 250g/9oz tin French crème de marrons
135g/41/2oz dark chocolate (85 per cent cocoa solids)
2 tablespoons Cognac or Armagnac
30-35 coffee beans (optional)
Good-quality cocoa powder
In a small, heavy-bottomed pan, gently heat the crème de marrons. When heated through, break chocolate into pieces and add to the pan bit by bit, stirring thoroughly to melt, until all the chocolate is incorporated. The mixture should be dark and glossy. Do not to let it scorch. Add the Cognac or Armagnac and stir. Chill.
When cool, roll a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball. (For a bitter-sweet flavour, place a coffee bean in the centre before rolling.) Repeat for remaining mixture. Sprinkle cocoa powder into a shallow bowl; roll each truffle in the cocoa powder to finish.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...