Chocolate and chestnut truffles
Makes about 30-35 truffles
Sunday 30 November 2003
1 x 250g/9oz tin French crème de marrons
135g/41/2oz dark chocolate (85 per cent cocoa solids)
2 tablespoons Cognac or Armagnac
30-35 coffee beans (optional)
Good-quality cocoa powder
In a small, heavy-bottomed pan, gently heat the crème de marrons. When heated through, break chocolate into pieces and add to the pan bit by bit, stirring thoroughly to melt, until all the chocolate is incorporated. The mixture should be dark and glossy. Do not to let it scorch. Add the Cognac or Armagnac and stir. Chill.
When cool, roll a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball. (For a bitter-sweet flavour, place a coffee bean in the centre before rolling.) Repeat for remaining mixture. Sprinkle cocoa powder into a shallow bowl; roll each truffle in the cocoa powder to finish.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...