Chocolate mousse with roasted quinces
Sunday 24 October 2010
330g/11oz good-quality dark chocolate (min 64 per cent cocoa solids), in pieces
8 eggs, separated
100g/31/2oz caster sugar
Pinch of sea salt
Prepare the quinces as per the first recipe (see related links).
Melt the chocolate slowly in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and half the sugar together in a bowl until pale and thick. Slowly incorporate the melted chocolate.
In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form, then gradually whisk in the remaining sugar.
Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until evenly combined.
Pour into a large bowl, cover and place in the fridge to set.
To serve, spoon the chocolate mousse on to plates and serve with the roasted quinces.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...