Chocolate mousse with roasted quinces
Sunday 24 October 2010
330g/11oz good-quality dark chocolate (min 64 per cent cocoa solids), in pieces
8 eggs, separated
100g/31/2oz caster sugar
Pinch of sea salt
Prepare the quinces as per the first recipe (see related links).
Melt the chocolate slowly in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and half the sugar together in a bowl until pale and thick. Slowly incorporate the melted chocolate.
In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form, then gradually whisk in the remaining sugar.
Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until evenly combined.
Pour into a large bowl, cover and place in the fridge to set.
To serve, spoon the chocolate mousse on to plates and serve with the roasted quinces.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...