Chorizo, spinach and grilled king scallop
Serves 4 as a starter
If you have a good fishmonger near you ask him to order you the biggest scallops he can get his hands on; otherwise just serve two or three smaller ones as a starter.
4 jumbo scallops, shucked and cleaned
100-150g cooking chorizo, skins removed and finely chopped
A couple of good knobs of butter
300-400g spinach, washed and dried
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a large frying pan and gently cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the spinach, season and cook on a medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until it has wilted.
Meanwhile, heat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan, season the scallops and cook for 2 minutes or so on each side, keeping them slightly undercooked.
To serve, spoon the spinach mixture on to warmed serving plates (you may need to drain it on kitchen paper if it has released some water); place the scallops on top.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Surviving cancer: They were expected to die - yet these childhood-cancer patients knew nothing of their diagnosis
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...