These delightful thins are great to place on the table at the end of Christmas lunch or dinner if you can manage to cram in a little bit more; or you could just serve them instead of dessert.
500g of 70 per cent dark chocolate, chopped and melted in a bain marie or microwave
50g pistachio nuts, lightly toasted and chopped
50g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
20g crystallised ginger, drained
30g candied orange peel, chopped
50g of 100 per cent Venezuelan black chocolate, coarsely grated (optional)
Line a flat baking tray with silicone or greaseproof paper and pour on the chocolate, scraping the bowl with a spatula, and spreading the chocolate to about 1cm thick. (Don't worry about having neat edges.)
Scatter the orange peel, pistachios, hazelnuts and Venezuelan black chocolate all over and leave to set in the fridge.
Place it in the freezer if you wish. To serve, break into rough shards.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...