These delightful thins are great to place on the table at the end of Christmas lunch or dinner if you can manage to cram in a little bit more; or you could just serve them instead of dessert.
500g of 70 per cent dark chocolate, chopped and melted in a bain marie or microwave
50g pistachio nuts, lightly toasted and chopped
50g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
20g crystallised ginger, drained
30g candied orange peel, chopped
50g of 100 per cent Venezuelan black chocolate, coarsely grated (optional)
Line a flat baking tray with silicone or greaseproof paper and pour on the chocolate, scraping the bowl with a spatula, and spreading the chocolate to about 1cm thick. (Don't worry about having neat edges.)
Scatter the orange peel, pistachios, hazelnuts and Venezuelan black chocolate all over and leave to set in the fridge.
Place it in the freezer if you wish. To serve, break into rough shards.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
St Bees in Cumbria is named the best place to raise a family in the UK
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...