Cocktail: Pass the Buck
A sharp, unusual combination of citrus and floral balanced against the nutty notes of the buckwheat.
Thursday 31 December 2009
50ml strong buckwheat tea
20ml pink grapefruit juice
20ml pressed apple juice
15ml elderflower cordial
10ml egg white (optional, omit if serving warm)
2 dashes peach bitters
Soda (optional if serving cold)
If serving cold, shake all ingredients with cubed ice, strain into a highball glass with cubed ice. Add a dash of soda if you want it, garnish with a slice of pink grapefruit and a sprig of mint. To serve warm, brew the buckwheat tea (available in health shops), add to a pan with the other ingredients and gently heat. Serve in a soup pot/punch bowl with tea cups, and garnish with cinnamon quills and orange slices.
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...