Cocktail: Pass the Buck
A sharp, unusual combination of citrus and floral balanced against the nutty notes of the buckwheat.
Thursday 31 December 2009
50ml strong buckwheat tea
20ml pink grapefruit juice
20ml pressed apple juice
15ml elderflower cordial
10ml egg white (optional, omit if serving warm)
2 dashes peach bitters
Soda (optional if serving cold)
If serving cold, shake all ingredients with cubed ice, strain into a highball glass with cubed ice. Add a dash of soda if you want it, garnish with a slice of pink grapefruit and a sprig of mint. To serve warm, brew the buckwheat tea (available in health shops), add to a pan with the other ingredients and gently heat. Serve in a soup pot/punch bowl with tea cups, and garnish with cinnamon quills and orange slices.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Men who buy sex share 'key characteristics' with aggressive sex offenders, study claims
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...