Corn pancakes with duck livers
You can use duck or chicken livers for this dish; it's up to you. Do make sure the livers are fresh and not frozen though, as the texture can then be very mushy which ruins the experience.
For the pancakes
150g gluten- and wheat-free self-raising flour
2 eggs, beaten
120g cooked sweetcorn kernels, roughly chopped
300g duck livers, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp vegetable or corn oil
A good knob of butter
Put the flour into a mixing bowl, mix in the eggs and enough of the milk to form a smooth, thick batter, then stir in the corn and season.
Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan and rub it with a little vegetable oil. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and let them cook for 3 minutes, until bubbles rise, then turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes; remove. Put them on to some kitchen paper while you're cooking the rest of the batch.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, season the livers and fry them on a high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning them as they are cooking and keeping them nice and pink. Add the butter at the end.
To serve, warm the pancakes through in the oven, under the grill or back in the pan, place on serving plates and spoon the livers and juices over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...