Courgette and feta tarts
Serves about 10
The natural shape of a slice of courgette makes it perfect for picking up and popping in your mouth as a little snack. You can top the courgettes with whatever you fancy but the feta and mint combination works really well and tastes of summer.
1 medium-sized courgette
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g feta cheese
A few mint leaves, finely chopped
½tbsp olive oil
A good squeeze of lemon juice
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan and lightly oil it. Cut the courgettes into 1-1½cm-thick slices, season and griddle them for about 2 minutes on each side then transfer to a tray and leave to cool.
Chop the feta as finely as you can and mix with the mint, olive oil and lemon and season. Spoon on to the courgettes and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...