Courgette and feta tarts
Serves about 10
The natural shape of a slice of courgette makes it perfect for picking up and popping in your mouth as a little snack. You can top the courgettes with whatever you fancy but the feta and mint combination works really well and tastes of summer.
1 medium-sized courgette
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g feta cheese
A few mint leaves, finely chopped
½tbsp olive oil
A good squeeze of lemon juice
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan and lightly oil it. Cut the courgettes into 1-1½cm-thick slices, season and griddle them for about 2 minutes on each side then transfer to a tray and leave to cool.
Chop the feta as finely as you can and mix with the mint, olive oil and lemon and season. Spoon on to the courgettes and serve.
Life & Style blogs
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
Watch teenager Collin Burns break the Rubik's Cube world record by solving puzzle in just 5.25 seconds
'Are you beach body ready?' backlash: Protein World boss labels feminist campaigners 'terrorists'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 Stephen Hawking endorses Labour in the General Election
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...