Crab and samphire
This is a tasty and simple two-ingredient dish that can be served in no time and really tastes of the sea.
150g samphire, trimmed and washed
200g freshly picked white crab meat
The juice of half a lemon
2tbsp rapeseed oil
1tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Blanch the samphire in boiling, salted water for 30 seconds, then drain and briefly refresh under the cold tap and pat dry on some kitchen paper.
Arrange the samphire on serving plates and scatter the crab on top. Mix the lemon juice with the rapeseed oil and season, then spoon over the crab and samphire and scatter the chives on top.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
Tinder dating app being used more and more by middle-aged mums and dads
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...