Crab and samphire
This is a tasty and simple two-ingredient dish that can be served in no time and really tastes of the sea.
150g samphire, trimmed and washed
200g freshly picked white crab meat
The juice of half a lemon
2tbsp rapeseed oil
1tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Blanch the samphire in boiling, salted water for 30 seconds, then drain and briefly refresh under the cold tap and pat dry on some kitchen paper.
Arrange the samphire on serving plates and scatter the crab on top. Mix the lemon juice with the rapeseed oil and season, then spoon over the crab and samphire and scatter the chives on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...