Crab and sea vegetable crumpets
You could serve this as a starter for a dinner party or as a light lunch snack. If you live by the sea you will have access to various types of sea vegetables, or you can even buy sea aster these days from branches of Waitrose.
A handful or so of sea vegetables (sea aster, sea beet, sea purslane etc)
A couple of knobs of butter
100-120g freshly picked white crab
2-3tbsp brown crab meat (optional), mixed with a tablespoon of mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
1tbsp olive oil
Toast the crumpets on both sides. Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook the sea vegetables for about a minute until they have just wilted. If using, spoon the brown crab on to the crumpets, then arrange the white crab and sea vegetables on top and lightly season. Spoon a little olive oil over and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...