Crab and sea vegetable crumpets
You could serve this as a starter for a dinner party or as a light lunch snack. If you live by the sea you will have access to various types of sea vegetables, or you can even buy sea aster these days from branches of Waitrose.
A handful or so of sea vegetables (sea aster, sea beet, sea purslane etc)
A couple of knobs of butter
100-120g freshly picked white crab
2-3tbsp brown crab meat (optional), mixed with a tablespoon of mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
1tbsp olive oil
Toast the crumpets on both sides. Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook the sea vegetables for about a minute until they have just wilted. If using, spoon the brown crab on to the crumpets, then arrange the white crab and sea vegetables on top and lightly season. Spoon a little olive oil over and serve.
Life & Style blogs
Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 5 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...