Cranberry and red onion sauce
This is a slightly more savoury version of the sweet cranberry sauce that we have become accustomed to in this country. The red onions and orange juice take the edge off the cranberries – and it makes a great accompaniment for turkey, goose or game.
1 large red onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
250ml orange juice
150-200g Demerara sugar
250g cranberries, fresh or frozen
Gently cook the red onion in the vegetable oil for a couple of minutes until soft, add the orange juice and 150g of the sugar and simmer until it has reduced by half.
Add the cranberries; continue simmering for about 10-12 minutes until the cranberries begin to break up.
Stir in more sugar if necessary; remove from heat; leave to cool.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...